What is it about life – sometimes you go through day after day and nothing changes.
There are a few tricks that will help you get focus.
1. Figure out what your focus is. What is your life about? If you looked at everything you do, what would it all boil down to? Are you all about being mom? All about being wife? What is your one focus? All about serving God? What is it that everything in your life feeds into?
2. List all the categories of your life. Now write down all the areas that you have in your life. Let’s say that your main focus is serving God. How does being a mom, wife, worker, friend feed into serving God? We are looking at why you do what you do at this point, not what you do.
3. Now list your activities. Under each category, list your activities of life. What must be done for you to be the best you can be?
4. List your dreams. What do you want to accomplish in the future?
5. What does success look like? How do you know that you have done a good job at what you do? How do you know that you have accomplished what you set out to do? If you are successful at serving God as a (wife, mom, worker, friend), what does that look like? What would success in your future dreams look like?
As you go through this process, you will begin to see a life focus. You will also determine some goals and understand how they fit together. Be specific with your goals. It is a trick that makes no sense, but when you write down your goals and understand how they fit in with your life’s work and life focus, they begin to get accomplished.