Would you like to borrow 5 other brains to move to your next level immediately?
This last year, I’ve had the privilege of walking with a group of friends who are amazing. We meet once a month for two hours, and every month this is one of my highlights!
You can create your own mastermind group in 7 easy steps:
- List the six most amazing people you know.
- Ask those six people to join you on a 10 month (or 12 month) adventure
- Doodle these six people and ask them for the best two hours of their month. Our group meets one Saturday a month, sometimes the third Saturday, sometimes the last Saturday from 8-10am. Depending on your demographics, your group might want to meet on a weeknight, a Sunday afternoon, or at 6am on a weekday.
- Set all 10 dates on the calendar and send the invites to the group.
- If you use gmail, you can easily add a video call (google hangout) – or you can meet via Skype. Some mastermind groups meet in person, but I love the flexibility of meeting in my sweats before my family is awake.
- On the day of your first meeting, get online about five minutes ahead of time and resend the invite. (I usually also ping everyone sometime the week before.)
- Once your group is on line, here is a suggested format:
- Open in prayer
- Decide how many minutes each person will get
- Designate a person to keep time.
- Each person will get 15-20 minutes total – they introduce their topic, and then everyone gives them input and/or feedback.
- Either pray for each person at the end of their time, or pray at the end of your time
- End on time.
Last, you should always solicit feedback. What is working for people? What isn’t working. Feel free to modify your group as you go – you need consistency, but you also need to have the freedom to learn and grow as a group.
Do you have questions? Please take a moment to connect in the comments below.
Have you experience a mastermind group that worked differently? Would you take a moment to share your wisdom below?Looking for more resources?